1. What should I do if I just performed coding on my car and there was no effect?
- First, please make sure that the right vehicle is selected in the app. The vehicle selection is displayed as soon as you open the Carly app.
- If you have selected the correct vehicle, but the coding still does not work, then the errors stored in your car could be the reason. In this case, please run a diagnostic with the Carly app and clear all errors immediately afterward. Then leave the car for at least 20-30 minutes (turn off the engine, remove the key and lock the car), so that the car is safely out of diagnostic mode.
- Try your coding again, please keep the engine running and set the communication speed to slow (you can find it in the app settings).
2. I have followed the previous steps but coding still has no effect. What can I do?
- If the coding still has no effect. It could be that an already existing coding makes a new coding ineffective. In this case, please reset all codings of all the ECUs via backups. Then, run a diagnostic and clear the errors. Please try again the coding that had no effect.
- A few codings need to be set to activate a function:
Some codings have numbers next to them (1/3, 2/3, 3/3). Please make sure you activate all codings in this case
Some codings need to be activated for different keys. Please make sure that you activate these codings for all keys please read the description of the coding found in the app. You will find additional codings mentioned there that need to be activated
3. Are there any additional verifications I can do?
You can also verify several settings of the car. Here are some examples:
- For daytime running lights, the light switch has to be set to 0 or A
- For welcome lights, the light switch has to be set to A or 2
- The coming-home lights are activated by using the headlight flasher after turning off the ignition
after coding, control units are often restarted. This can lead to certain functions needing to be reactivated (one-touch signal in iDrive, signal lights when un-/locking in iDrive, etc.)
- For many key fob functions, it often helps to press the button longer or to stand closer to the car (you may have a weak battery in the key fob)
- If the voltage is very low, it can happen that the vehicle turns off consumers (welcome light, signal lights when un-/locking, etc.) in order to save energy
We are confident this information will help you to solve your questions. In case you need more info please get in touch with our team here.
P.S.: With the professional advice and actionable information that Carly offers, you can perform maintenance more efficiently on your car.