1. Which is the correct battery for my car?
It is generally advised to put in the same battery type as installed by the manufacturer.
To keep in mind 💡: If another type of battery has been installed, please pay attention to the following:
- The capacity of the new battery should not be smaller than the originally installed battery.
- AGM batteries can only be exchanged with AGM batteries
2. How can I determine which battery type is currently installed?
To determine which battery type is currently installed, please follow these steps on the app:
- Switch to “Battery Registration”
- Select “Register same type”
- The currently installed battery type is now visible on the app
In most cases, the following battery capacities are available for compatible models:
- Standard batteries:
- AGM batteries:
Some newer models also support 105 Ah AGM batteries. Please check with the Carly Lite version if your car supports this capacity as well.
3. I can’t find the capacity of the battery in the app. Which capacity should I select in the app?
The Carly app determines directly from the car which battery capacities are supported by the ECUs. It is, therefore, suggested you follow this result.
If the capacity of the built-in battery is not an option. Enter the next lower capacity of the previous battery type.
4. The history of my battery registration is not visible. What can I do?
Please check if you have a stable internet connection and try to scan the battery registration history again. If this does not work, then your model is currently not supported. We are working on it. However, this issue does not interfere with the function itself.
5. My Battery registration was unsuccessful? What can I do?
Should the battery registration fail, please follow the below steps:
-> GEN2 Scanner (Not Universal) wireless connection:
- Switch Bluetooth off (iPhone/iPad)
- Switch WiFi off (Android)
-> Carly Universal Scanner :
- Switch WiFi off
- Run the engine
- Set communication speed to „slow“
To keep in mind 💡: The battery registration informs the car that some battery-related values have to be determined again. Therefore, never register the battery while your car is in motion.
We are confident this information will help you to solve your questions. In case you need more info please get in touch with our team here.
P.S.: With the professional advice and actionable information that Carly offers, you can perform maintenance more efficiently on your car.