1. Why do I have issues with my DPF?
There may be various problems preventing successful regeneration. In most cases, there are fault codes stored in the drive train or in the exhaust system.
2. What can I do to solve the issues with my PDF?
Please do a diagnostic session and solve any fault codes. Some faults have to be repaired to start a successful regeneration.
3. What are the most common problems?
- More than two defective glow plugs (due to cold temperatures)
- Defective coolant thermostats (the coolant temperature should reach 85°C)
- Defective exhaust-pressure-sensor
- Problems with the intake-airmass sensor or the throttle
- Special faults, e.g. 00480A or 00481A (should you not be able to repair the fault, please go to your local repair shop to check your diesel filter)
4. Which steps should I follow to solve my car's DPF issues?
Carly recommends repeating a regeneration one day apart from each other (as a rule, the soot mass oscillates between 0-5g in the fully-fired state and approximately 30g just before regenerating).
- Please follow these steps:
- Connect the scanner to the car and switch on the ignition
- Connect the app to the scanner/car
- Directly after a successful connection to the DPF-tile, start the DPF-Check. The app will reveal the soot and ash masses from your filter
- For a soot mass from approx. 15-20g, regeneration can be requested. For lower values, this is usually unnecessary. With soot masses of more than 30-35g, there might be problems with the exhaust system or the engine.
- Please run a diagnostic session and repair the faults before you can start the regeneration
5.1 Request a regeneration by tapping the button
5.2 The DPF values can be recorded and sent via email
5.3 After successful regeneration, please take a regeneration drive
Drive at a constant speed of 80 km/h (or faster) for 20-30 minutes. This results in the necessary exhaust gas and the necessary coolant temperature. The engine control unit will then start the regeneration.
6. The soot mass should decrease -> Regeneration is successful!
We are confident this information will help you to solve your questions. In case you need more info please get in touch with our team here.
P.S.: With the professional advice and actionable information that Carly offers, you can perform maintenance more efficiently on your car.