1. Which steps should I follow to reset my car's battery?
Please follow these steps:
- The function you want to reset is supported. We cannot confirm 100% which features will work for your car. Please test each function with the Carly Lite version (for free) of the app
- The motor has been started before the reset and runs during the reset
- No fault is present in the vehicle, please check with the diagnosis
- Especially during brake reset --> make sure that it is carried out with the new sensors
- Exclude scanner as a source of error --> Check “I have connection Issues. What should I do?”
If the restart doesn’t work, delete the Carly app and restart your smartphone. Then, reinstall the app. Please use the same user account. The Carly licenses you have will still remain active.
To keep in mind💡: Please make sure that neither the manual brake nor the pedal brake is active during the reset!
2. The reset did not work, what can I do?
If the reset still does not work, there are two possibilities:
- Your vehicle has a communication problem
- Your vehicle blocks the reset (usually when the oil change is "overdue", the symbol is RED or the distance in kilometers is negative, for example, -500km) with any (combination/tacho) coding because then a reset of the combi-instrument is carried out. Then, resetting the oil service with the app could work again.
We are confident this information will help you to solve your questions. In case you need more info please get in touch with our team here.
PS: Check out our Carly Community and get your car issues resolved by experts. Join now!