According to our experience all supported models starting with built year 2004* can be connected with the Bluetooth adapter.
This is very uncomplicated and should work without problems. With non-Carly adapters there can be connection problems or aborts every once in a while.
The Carly bluetooth adapter for BMW is especially optimized for the communication with BMWs. You just have to plug it in the OBD socket of the car and link it with the cell phone/tablet.
Here you find the right adapter in our webshop.
If you still can’t generate a connection, please try the following:
- Deinstall the Carly-app
- Start the cell phone/tablet again
- Install the Carly-app anew from the Google PlayStore
- Plug the bluetooth adapter in
- Leave the engine running
- Link the bluetooth adapter to the car using the PIN 1234
- Start the app new
If you still can’t generate a connection, the problem can only be one of the following things:
- For some reason the Bluetooth in your car is faulty
- The Bluetooth adapter is not an original adapter from us or has a technical problem
Before we exchange the Bluetooth adapter we have to be sure that the Android system of the call phone/tablet is ok. If not it doesn’t help to exchange the adapter anyways.
Mostly it helps to install another free-of-charge OBD app, to plug the bluetooth adapter in the car, restart the cell phone/tablet, connect with the bluetooth adapter and try to connect with the test app.
If the successful connection is still not possible with the Carly adapter after the execution of the steps above, we need the following information and a session log from you:
- Which BMW model do you have?
- Which built year is the BMW?
- Did the engine run during the test?
- Is it our bluetooth adapter?
- Does your Android phone/tablet find the adapter “ivini-apps” or “Carly adapter” via bluetooth?
- Did you link the adapter in the bluetooth settings (pin code: 1234)?
- Which Android phone/tablet do you use?
- Do you have any AntiVir or energy saving app installed?
- Did you restart the mobile/tablet before trying to connect?
- Do you have another mobile/tablet to test with?
- Do you have the possibility to try to connect with another car?
- Did you try a factory reset already?
Here you can see how to send a session log.
* You will find a detailed description about the compability by model in the webshop.